Raising Gabdho Foundation is a social enterprise which aims to accelerate clean, accessible and sustainable energy for vulnerable communities through innovations for products, approaches to behavioral change and benchmarking good practices. We believe that a mixed solution can accelerate clean energy uptake to reduce the effects of energy poverty and bridge the gap of energy aid poverty as well.
We are currently looking to fill some key roles for our on-going and upcoming projects to propel us towards our vision. If you believe that you are the right fit for us for the following roles, we shall be glad to receive your resume.
- Community mobilisers (02 based in Yumbe)
The Community Mobilizer will be responsible for working at community level to support community energy Kiosks in Bidi Bidi refugee settlement. The Community Mobilizer will be primarily field based and will work in a team with a dedicated Project and field Officer . The Community Mobilizer will work closely with other community leaders to support clean energy uptake at the community level.
- Perform outreach activities in the areas covered by the project , including community-based awareness raising sessions on the importance of clean energy at household level.
- Participate in needs assessments, focus group discussions, awareness raising and information activities, and liaise with M&E team for feedback on M&E assessments
- Deliver mobilization and training sessions on clean energy uptake.
- Support documentation of the data collected
- Attend regular coordination meetings with the field team
- Share information on successes and challenges with team from community coordination.
Key working relationships
- Position Reports to: field officer
- Position directly supervises: none
- Indirect Reporting: Project manager
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in the field conducting awareness raising and community information sessions
- Capacity to work in a team with flexibility to take on additional tasks, as needed
- Experience in working with communities (monitoring, training)
- Working experience in NGO a plus
- Fluency in spoken Arabic and English
Travel and other requirements: This is a field based position which will require travel within the area of operation
2. Clean energy Promoters (9 based in Kampala)
We are looking for dedicated clean energy promoters to join our clean energy marketing team. The promoter’s responsibilities include attracting new users and improving usage/traffic for community distributors to support community clean energy distributors attain sustainability, by assisting with product launches and events, improving knowledge of the product range, answering questions, and addressing customer concerns. They should be able to multitask and deliver excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
To be successful, one should be passionate about the clean energy products and community work, have the ability to inspire others, make genuine connections with customers and tailor their presentations to different audiences.
- Listening to what customers want and helping them find the perfect product for their needs.
- Constantly building product knowledge and delivering this knowledge in engaging ways.
- Setting up attractive product displays and promotional booths.
- Delivering presentations and demonstrations to consumers and other stakeholders.
- Engaging in meaningful interactions and building good relationships with consumers.
- Distributing samples and providing feedback for improvement to the producers/distributors.
- Following up with customers and providing guidance on product selection.
- Meeting daily targets and submitting sales reports.
- Networking with relevant stakeholders.
- Searching for new business opportunities.
- High school certificate, diploma or similar.
- Degree in Marketing preferable.
- Experience in retail recommended.
- Sharp customer service skills.
- Eloquent and comfortable when delivering presentations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent observation skills.
Duration: 9 Months
3. Procurement officer (1)
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement officer to oversee purchases and develop new contracts. In this position, you will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our organization. You will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of current and incoming inventory, and be responsible for approving purchases.
Procurement Officer Duties and Responsibilities
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Work with team members and procurement manager to complete duties as needed
Procurement Officer Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Minimum 1 year experience as a procurement officer or related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
Duration: 12 months.
4. Energy Officer (1)
Support the planning, monitoring and training of project activities, timely delivery of expected outputs, liaise with Project Responsible Partners and local experts and consultants, provide technical inputs during the preparation and revision of the project documents, collects and review data
Duties and responsibilities:
The Energy Officer shall perform the following duties:
• Support the planning and monitoring of project activities.
• Support training activities for the selected participants
• Support the Project Manager to ensure the timely delivery of expected outputs
• Support the Project Manager in preparation of Annual Work Plans, field reports and monthly reports.
•Collect data (and supplementary data where necessary) on organic quantity and composition of waste streams in preparation for updating Integrated Waste Management Plans.
• Collect data and prepare field reports needed for the documentation of lessons learnt from project implementation and recommendations to the Project Management Unit for more effective implementation and coordination of project activities.
• Support the Project Management team to collect data needed for Environment and Social Impact Assessments, developing environmental project briefs and conducting scoping activities therein.
• Provide assistance in implementation of the Project’s M&E framework with a review on retrieving verified information on project results and impacts.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Person specifications: Academic qualifications:
• The candidate should have at least a diploma but preferably a Bachelor of Science Degree in Forestry (Forestry or Conservation Forestry and Products Technology or Wood Science and Technology)
• At least one year of progressively responsible experience in waste management and clean energy promotion
• Experience in the Renewable Energy
Strong analytical, report writing and communication skills; good communication skills, both oral and written and good interpersonal skills and team player, results based management and results oriented approach to project implementation, ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines, Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working integrated waste management climate change and renewable energy aspects
How to apply
Send your applications to email@example.com.
Deadline 30th March 2021
Hand deliver to:
Raising Gabdho Offices,
Makindye Plot: 5907 Block: 273
P.O Box 11492 Kampala-Uganda